Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Catching up Update

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis

Team Catching up Update

OK this team seems to be for real and wants our 1st place. Their output is nothing short of amazing!!! They are putting out about 5,000 points per day. They have a few heavy hitters and a few people with some nice machines but, the secret to their sucess is the shear numbers of people they have. You can see from this link the rate they have members joining. http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamsta...m+Blueberry+PI
    I know this isn't a project that's going to save the world or anything the stated purpose of this project is to advance DC'ing in China. But, we are now #1 and that seems to be in jepordy. Anyone that wants to toss a machine or 25 at this will be a help.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

I´m running 3 PI on all computers as can run thet project. It is too bad many have stopped running that project. If that project also support 3Dnow I could run it on 3 computers

To you as have an AMD or at least one Intel PIII as support SSE2 please join us and help us avoid 2th rank in the future.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Commenced switchover ... hang in there Terry, I'm on my way.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Last edited by AMDave; 03-09-2007 at 09:32 AM.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    I found this on their forum:

Posteddocument.write(''+ myTimeZone('Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:52:19 GMT-0800', 'March 08, 2007 08:52')+''); March 08, 2007 08:52
    Yeah, baby! And we still have a week to go!

So, if we can hold them off for a week they should start to lose intrest! I hope.At present we have a little over an 11 day cushion.
    Last edited by gatekeeper53; 03-09-2007 at 12:12 PM.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

I have 4 cores running on this now.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero View Post
    I have 4 cores running on this now.
    I am sorry but I feel that you are going to need a lot more cores than that.

AMDave is right. We are Ars Technica Team Blueberry PI. I issued this gauntlet challenge to try and take as many places as we could in a short period of time. Thus my "we still have a week left" comment that was quoted above. It looks like most of the team, though, is wanting to stay on long enough to take and hold first place. I am happy that we have some friendly competition here, Team AMD Users.

According to my calcuations we should overtake the 2nd place team in about 10 hours. We'll be even with you in just under 8 days.

I think it's fair to say that in two weeks the best team will be holding first place!

But are you going to stay there 'coz we'll be back.

Come on all you AMDers, stick a core or 2 on this for 2 weeks.

Normal proceedings will resume after this.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

I will as soon as I get back in town. I'm in Austin and away from the farm... I'll add 7 cores on Monday...

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero View Post
    But are you going to stay there 'coz we'll be back.
    Well let's see. I said we would be in the #2 spot in 10 hours and it only took 9. If current production stays fairly constant, we'll pass you in 8 days as predicted. For every day we maintain that constant, we put almost 4000 WUs between us and yourselves. Even if we cut that in half, we're still doing over twice your daily production. I think it's clear that we will stay on top unless we were to lose the bulk of our current producers.

More importantly, have you guys noticed the increase in the slope of the project graph on the main PI Segment stats page? That is due primarily to this competition. If we keep this up, the project will be over a lot sooner than Jianan expected. I think that is a big win for him and his design goal. All the more important reason to ramp this up!

Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast