Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Catching up Update

PcManiac I had the same problem on a C2D e6300. The solution was to delete the PiSegment config.ini file. Next time you run PiSegment gui.exe it will create a new config.ini file.

I have a similar problem with Doomeva's A64 X2-4600. It likes to mess-up its config.ini file if PiSegment is shutdown. When I restart it thinks its a single core. The answer again is delete the config.ini file etc. Now I have a working copy of the config.ini file that I just rename from config.ini.backup to config.ini

Hope this helps

I have added in 3 Cores.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    PcManiac I had the same problem on a C2D e6300. The solution was to delete the PiSegment config.ini file. Next time you run PiSegment gui.exe it will create a new config.ini file.
    Vaughan - Does this corrup your downloaded work units or cause you to have to start over on the work unit you were crunching?

I've only had one problem with the client so far. I moved my system to a different case. At that time I moved one card to a different PCI slot. My system had to re-arrange IRQs of course and for some odd reason this threw the PI Segment exe into normal priority instead of lowest. Every try opening Outlook with both logical units pegged?!? It was not pretty until I figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post

I have a similar problem with Doomeva's A64 X2-4600. It likes to mess-up its config.ini file if PiSegment is shutdown. When I restart it thinks its a single core. The answer again is delete the config.ini file etc. Now I have a working copy of the config.ini file that I just rename from config.ini.backup to config.ini
    Hope this helps
    I'll try it. I use 2 computers at school with the same removable hard drive. I think I'll go the first room, and make a backup of the config, and then the second and make a backup of that... that way whenever I move back n forth, I'll just switch config files :D .. I"ll let you know if this works.

Thanks

Edit: It actually doesn't have any problems if I don't mess with it lol
    Last edited by PcManiac; 03-14-2007 at 01:34 AM. Reason: I'm weird
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

I'm running Pi on a laptop. When I got home this afternoon, the laptop was not responding. I shut it off, re-booted, and Pi came up running in the middle of a wu. It seemed fine.

There was nothing in the log about a corrupt wu.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

i find that laptops don't like to cruch that well because of heat. i've overcome this by keeping a fan pointed at it.

I have mine raised off the table by about a half inch. This allows maximum airflow to the laptop's fans. The core duos are MUCH cooler than the P4 Northwood laptop, with the PIII between them in heat output. The XPS M1710 has some large capacity fans inside it (for a laptop); I think they are there to cool the GPU. It has dual exhaust pipes at the rear

It's actually out in the garage...the temp outside is about 40-50, nice and cool. The problem may have been in the power settings. hd spindown, network card going off to save..

It's raised up on a wire cookie rack.

I went through it and disabled all the power save stuff.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

I have three notebooks running Pi without any problems. My biggest problem is usually right at install. An install will get corrupt if it has a problem connecting the first time. If that happens, usually installing over itself will fix it. Barring that, delete and start over worked. hmm, with five desktops and three notebooks crunching 24 hours a day, I'm curious what that will do to the power bill. Well, that and the new 24" LCD.

My laptop gets super hot if not elevated off the table.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast