Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everybody. New Swede reporting in.

Hi everybody. New Swede reporting in.

Hi!
    I hope this is the right place for a presentation. The Lounge at Ars would be, so I just naturally gravitated here...

Ok, I only registered for two reasons.
    1. Terryfromamd at Ars Technica tried to recruit me to the other team using patriotic values. He failed, but I gathered there are too few swedes here anyway, so I could at least register for some conversations.
    2. I use predominantly AMD-stuff at home, especially now that ATI is also AMD.

Anyway, this does not mean I will crunch in AMDusers name. I am still an Arsian at heart, and have been for a long time. I don't know how much time I will spend here either. That all depends on how interesting you are, and how well the forum humour suits me...

About me:
    I used to work in IT. But that became boring to me and I am now doing stuff with my hands and body. Heavy work. Computers are back to being a Hobby. I have 8 Computers setup at home at the moment, and 2 more in the works. It's servers and HTPC, STUDIO-rig and other stuff. I like optimizing computers for their main duty.
    I am also heavy into Music, from listening to production. My home studio is far more advanced than usually seen. Had I set it up in a dedicated room then it would actually be called plainly "Studio".
    I play Golf.
    I used to play Hockey and Football (Yes, uninformed people will call it something else beginning with an S), Football is boring to watch though, but I still enjoy Hockey. I also dabbled with other things.

Like all Swedish males my age (40), I have also a military background. I completed my officers training as a "Green Beret" or more correctly, an "Lapponian Ranger". I am from Danderyd just north of Stockholm though. I was just placed up there. I did however jump off after the officers training and refused for personal reasons to continue with the armed forces. And as I was in a ranger-unit I could not get out of doing another complete turn in the unarmed forces. Totally worth it though. I have now highly skilled knowledge from both sides of that particular fence, and medical training that is rather advanced from both turns...

I am also heavily into Oktoberfest, and know all the little things to do in München at that time. Been there several times. Not surpricingly I like Beer. But still only take alcohol at special occasions (like tonights family easter dinner). I also the last years learned to appreciate fine single malts.

Well, actually, I've been through a lot in my life so far, allthings considered. So that have to do for now... As a presentation.

Oh, yeah, I also always end my post as I do here, unless I do not mean what the end greeting says, so take note of it. It will rarely ever change, but when it does, there is a reason. I am also bad at spellchecking and grammatical checks and usually don't care unless something got really wrong... I will probably never change, I'm just to old for that...

Best Regards
    Bo Eriksson

Welcome to the forums Bo. We are glad to have you here.

Welcome to the forums, crunching for us is not mandatory. Just enjoy yourself here.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Hello New Swede... Welcome and enjoy...
    I’m Dangerously Under Medicated!!!

Hej SDplus.

Trevlig presentation av dig själv. Vi är 3 svenskar här och jag är pionjär. Jag anslöt mig därför att jag var "hemlös" och hade nyss köpt en AMD Athlon64 3200+ och körde D20L. Du har många GHz men känn dig välkommen och ta ett snack. Om du ser på min sig så ser du varifrån jag är.

Nice introduce of yourself. We are 3 Swedes here and I´m pioneer. I joined AMDusers because I was "homeless" och hade just bought an AMD Athlon64 3200+ and ran D20L. You have many GHz but feel you are welcome ant take a chat. If you look at my sig you can see from where I come.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Welcome to the forums SDPlus

This is good! Our team is slowly becoming a multi-national team with all the new people joining in from all parts of the world. I'm probably the only portuguese around here so far. But someday more will come.

G'day SDPlus and welcome. That was an interesting presentation you gave and shows us you have been busy in your life. Enjoy yourself over here and remember like we do, have fun.

Welcome, whoa
    If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
    Congress!

Welcome to the forums from me, enjoy your stay and share any humour/jokes you might have!

Welcome to the forums, nice introduction !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast