Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congrats to Ricky L Hubbard

Total congrats - peachy find. Wish I had the patience to get one that big. I tend to stick with the shorter tasks.

[wiki related text moved to "Wiki question" thread in members forum thread by AMDave as requested by Area 51]]
    Last edited by AMDave; 02-16-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    How many of our US members have a hexacore 1090?
    I have one 1090Tonly
    ....but it's running at 3.6Ghz with no voltage increase

Someday I should attempt to find it's max settings, ...now I"m curious

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hey... so it's you MiHost!

Congrats on the prime. You were not hard to find, the thing was that I never knew your name. lol

I tried searching the forums for "Ricky" or "Hubbard" but didn't get results, also looked into some of the people of our Team at primegrid to see if I would find the person, but again no luck by the name "Ricky L Hubbard".
    Tried looking up people on our Team that had primes found, to see if I would spot that specific prime and who had it, but we got over 100 people and I got bored after a bit.

Once again, congratulations MiHost! I will have to double check but you might just be the member with the biggest prime found to date!

I do believe congrats are in order once again - this time for a 661,368 digit Generalized Woodall......

Quote Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
    I do believe congrats are in order once again - this time for a 661,368 digit Generalized Woodall......
    And indeed they are:

On 24 Feb 2011, 17:27:31 UTC, PrimeGrid’s PRPNet found the largest known generalized Woodall prime:

404882*43^404882-1

The prime is 661,368 digits long and enters Chris Caldwell's The Largest Known Primes Database ranked 1st for generalized Woodall primes and 71st overall.

The discovery was made by Ricky L. Hubbard of the United States using an AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 2.90GHz with 8GB RAM, running Windows 7. This computer took about 4 hours and 15 minutes to complete the probable prime test and a little over 30 hours 3 minutes to complete the primality test. Ricky is a member of the AMD Users Team.

For more details, please see the official announcement.

From the PrimeGrid Forum

I thought I had some luck, but Ricky is beating me into the ground with a very large hammer!!!

Big congrats Ricky.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12