Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: No Prime Left Behind Math Project

Mine have been working just fine on this BBQ race this weekend.

If you want, I can send you the linux batch llrnet that I use. Been pretty solid and allows you to set the cache which has worked fine for me all the way from 3 units up to 100.

I've been running one instance of the client on an old P4, using the freebsd client. It's slow but I've not seen any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by drezha View Post
    No problems. You've at least made an effort to prove to me that Riesel Sieve and NPLB are different

And that's what matters.

I'll stick with RS for the minute though. RS has a definite end. When all 100 numbers are found, the project will be complete Which is nice to know as you'll finish something and can then focus on something else.
    It's good that people take different tracks on all this. When you get to the bottom of it all, everything relates to mathematics in one way or another. Just a huge huge field. And advances and understanding in one area helps the overall understanding of what makes all this stuff in this world tick. And while not readily apparent to many, it all does contribute to our understanding and further advancement. When you look way back in history, what were they working on? Mathematics.... and here we are still working away. And if the human race manages to stay alive, way on down the road they will still be working on understanding mathematics.

We did have a good weekend at NPLB though on the Free-DC BBQ rally. Was a real good turn out and a LOT of work was completed for the NPLB project. Take a gander over there... Our own AMDave has put in a lot of work with BOK and IronBits on getting a good set of stats for the project. Quite impressive indeed! While AMD_Users placed last in the teams competing, we were there and we contributed. No it's not boinc however it was a fun gathering of some of the hard core DC world folks.
    Last edited by Brucifer; 01-25-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Are we still focussed on the port 8000 or should I change my llr-clientconfig.txt to port=9000 or something else?

Currently reads:

server = "nplb.ironbits.net"
    port = 8000

I moved to port 9000 mainly because I only have a couple of older machines running the client. Port 8000 is fine if you are running a newer machine and/or interested in finding primes that will be qualified for the Top 5000 Prime Pages..plus they score higher in the stats race.

OK jamers thanks for the info.

Edit: AMDave notified me that I found my first prime in the No Prime Left Behind project last night. Gary Barnes also e-mailed me today saying it qualifies for an entry in the Top 5000 Primes List.

woot!

The lucky computer is my old Shuttle XPC box - a P4 3.2 Prescott.
    Last edited by vaughan; 01-26-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: add edit

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    OK jamers thanks for the info.

Edit: AMDave notified me that I found my first prime in the No Prime Left Behind project last night. Gary Barnes also e-mailed me today saying it qualifies for an entry in the Top 5000 Primes List.

woot!

The lucky computer is my old Shuttle XPC box - a P4 3.2 Prescott.

That is good news, keep them coming!

Congrats Vaughan!!!

I've got a couple of my old slow systems on port 9000. Good place for them. And who knows, maybe I'll get lucky like some other person.................. LOL
    Last edited by Brucifer; 01-26-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Has anyone managed to get NPLB to work properly under Windows 7 beta release 7000? I guess its like Vista 64. When I tried it today a message popped up saying it was a 32 bit application and Win7 wouldn't allow it to run. Maybe I have to let it run in compatibility mode?
    Last edited by vaughan; 02-09-2009 at 09:51 PM.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Flatlander has it going in Win7, responded to your post in the NPLB forum, but no mention of the release number.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast