Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: No Prime Left Behind Math Project

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    okay, it's rocking and rolling now. Do we have an amd users team? This works fine on old tired systems.
    Brucifer, yes we have a team in the stats tables.

from 1st post above
    Q: I'm on a team. do I have to do anything special with LLRnet?
    A: Yes. Simply edit the llr-clientconfig.txt file so that the line that says
    username = "yournickname"
    instead says
    username = "teamname_yournickname"
    username = "AMDUsers_yournickname"
    The result collection scripts have been written to pick up team names in this format.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

yeah, I saw that when I went back re-reading. Old age I guess....

I did all the stuff suggested in the other forum's post, and changed the username but still no luck :S

what you running it in o/s wise?

Currently XP SP3

Quote Originally Posted by spikey_richie View Post
    I did all the stuff suggested in the other forum's post, and changed the username but still no luck :S
    I've got it running under XP-64, use this server and edit the llr-clientconfig.txt line under the "-- server location" comments;

server = "nplb.rieselprime.org"
    port = 300

And I also commented out the part right below the username stuff regarding allowing remote control of your client:
    GUIremote = 1

I changed that to:
    -- GUIremote = 1

So that it is commented out. I prefer the command windows myself. Install it in two seperate directories like llrnet1 and llrnet2 if you are running on multi-core systems. Also if using multi-core systems, down at the bottom of the text file is a line that says;
    serviceName = "LLRnet-NPLB"

I changed that to "LLRnet-NPLB1" and on the second instance to "LLRnet-NPLB2"

Then go to the first directory, doubleclick on llrnet, and you will see the icon in the tray, right click on that and take the selection to open a command window. You should see that sucker linking up and running like the dickens. Then go to the second directory and fire off the second llrnet instance, and there will be another icon in the tray, right click on that and select the command window again and you will see it also link up and start running like the dickens too.

ah....

Finally got some serious horsepower onto this effort. Was a bit of a struggle due to some issues with 64-bit linux distros. But the points should start rising now.

@Ototero -- are you going to add this effort to your team stats page?????

Brucifer, I could do. But it'll be a nightmare. There's nowhere to find out who's in our team. Your name is obvious.

Team, I have a proposer for adding this project to the stats, do I have a seconder?

Assuming we get 2nd'ed (formality) who is crunching this?
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Not me

heh heh, found one!! :)

579*2^424361-1 is prime, got it on my third day of llrnet for the project. 127,749 digits long. Been turned in and proven.

Well I hope this project gets seconded for inclusion in the team stats, as not much sense crunching it for the team is it isn't going to be hosted in the team stats. No biggie if it isn't though as I'll just shift it all to one of the other teams that does have multiple people crunching it. Just figured first dibs should go here.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast