Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: No Prime Left Behind Math Project

I have totally forgotten about this challenge and my machines have loads of Simap tasks cached. This weekend my son has taken over most machines for Folding At Home so it looks as if my eee PC is the only CPU I can put on this.

Is Folding at Home back?

If I remember right we had that project years ago and I ran it if I not rave ant then it wes closed. I liked this project and a fem other easy to run project.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Folding@Home never stopped, and in fact it's stronger than ever by using Playstation 3's and GPU's.

It's probably the project with the biggest amount of people and machines and raw processing power ever right now. Even more than SETI I believe.

Yup, and with a low cost gpu like a GTS-250 you can get quite an output from it. Makes it easy to contribute a substantial number of work units nowdays. The project has really moved into it's very own substantial galazy. :-)

As for the prime searching efforts, I have backed off. It would be nice if some enterprising soul would write some fancy stuff to allow the use of gpu's in the prime searching world. But until it happens I doubt I'll be back.

NPLB has a faster client now. Details on the official web site.

Thanks Neogen!

Now i remember. It was when they went ower for use of Playstation and I had not that thing home and was not planning to buy one. I´m not a player and if I my memore not is wrong I was expensive.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Cool LLRnet/PRPnet rally August 12-19

Hi everyone,

Based on comments provided after our last rally, we've decided to try something new this time: a week-long rally! We figured that if people are going to go to all the trouble of moving their cores over to the rally servers, why do it all over again to take them back off in only 48 hours? PrimeGrid has done week-long rallies in the past with success, so it's not an entirely new idea; we're hoping it will go over well here too.

The rally will begin Thursday, August 12 at 7:00 PM GMT and finish 168 hours later on Thursday, August 19 at 7:00 PM GMT. For those of you who can't convert GMT to local time , that's 3:00 PM EDT and 2:00 PM CDT. Last time we had to do crazy stuff with PRPnet port 9000 since LLRnet reports local time and PRPnet GMT, but since then PRPnet has been changed to report local time as well, so the official start/end times should be pretty straightforward.

As last time, this rally will be focusing on the 5th Drive, our priority for the rest of the year (or until we finish it to n=1M, which will hopefully come first). That means LLRnet port 3000 and PRPnet port 9000, both of which should be in the vicinity of n=850K-900K during the rally.

LLRnet config info.:
    server = "www.noprimeleftbehind.net"
    port = 3000

PRPnet config info.:
    server = "www.noprimeleftbehind.net"
    port = 9000
    Or, in terms of a prpclient.ini config line:
    server=G9000:100:1:noprimeleftbehind.net:9000

Be sure and change your userID to whatever ID you prefer. Most people use their ID here at mersenneforum. It is also best to set the cache at from around 2 to 10 pairs.

Info. for downloading the newest LLRnet client can be found at LLRnet supports LLR V3.8! (LLRnet2010 V0.73L).

Info. for downloading the newest PRPnet client can be found at PRPnet.

As a point of interest for those who might be new to NPLB and for others who haven't done any testing with us for a while, we have some milestones that we would like to shoot for in the near future. Please refer to our primes graph and drive progress as well as to our "Countdown meter". NPLB's goal all along has been to fill in holes in the prime search ranges for Riesel base 2. We'd like to get the dots in that k=300-1001 range fully extended to n=1M by year end 2011 so that they are closer to where k<300 (worked by RPS) is at. In targeting k=400-600 for the 3rd consecutive time in this rally, we have set a relatively aggressive goal to have it tested completely to n=1M by year end 2010.

Last time we had a very close race between ROLP and PrimeSearchTeam, the latter ending up winning by a mere 194 k/n pairs. We also had participation from both AMD Users and Team-Goobee.org, coming in 3rd and 4th place respectively. Let's see if we can shake things up a bit this time!

Max

P.S.: This is mostly copy-and-pasted from our official rally announcement at http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=13672. Feel free to post questions in both places.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    ^^BUMP^^ he he he
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    It's on the list of challenges for this month.. let's hope the guys don't forget about it.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    GIDDYAP!
    6.9 days to go.
    http://www.noprimeleftbehind.net/stats/
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast