Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: No Prime Left Behind Math Project

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    If you are not an AMD User yet, why wait!?

Come on over today and start enjoying your daily diet of DC

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthr...350#post170350

It's open season and the fire is ready to cook.

See you here soon.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    hmmm.... you gonna have a bit of an electric bill there??????
    Yes. Its an expensive hobby.

Upside is that there are no heating expenses for my home "office".

(My wife says the computer room is useful as a drying room for the clothes on rainy days. )

Gents, I have decided to move from team AMD_Users to Raiders of the Lost Primes for all my NPLB work. I spend the majority of my time now sieving and doing the clearing out of the small prime stuff (stuff Gary refers to as sh*t work) where there aren't many points involved. Don't mean to tick people off, just moving to more project behind the scenes clean-up work.

Bruce

Best wishes in your move Brucifer.

I had some PM exchanges with Gary about sieving but I explained I felt I'd sieved enough for the time being with my BOINC Rieselsieve effort. I'm chasing primes now with LLRnet.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Best wishes in your move Brucifer.
    Thank you Vaughan, and you take care too!

Bruce

Hi all,

I would like to announce the first No Prime Left Behind (NPLB) LLRnet rally in over a year on our port 3000 this weekend from Fri. April 30th at 7 PM GMT to Sun. May 2nd at 7 PM GMT.

As many of you may already know, NPLB is searching for primes of the form k*2^n-1. The range that we will be working on is for k=400 to 600 and at rally time, the searches will be in the n=765K to 775K range. This will make any primes found in the top 1000 largest of all time!

We have a new version of the LLRnet client, which runs the newest LLR 3.8. It is 10-15% faster than previous versions of LLRnet.

Please see details about the rally and how to download the fast LLRnet client in our mersennene forum posting announcement at http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpos...93&postcount=1. There are Windows and Linux versions of the client available. Questions can be asked here or there but some have already been asked and answered there.

As a general "how to" for people new to LLRnet, you would download the client found in the links in our forum and create as many copies of it as there are cores on your machine(s). After doing so, you'll need to change the llr-clientconfig.txt file to something similar to the following:

server = "www.noprimeleftbehind.net"
    port = 3000
    username = "(your ID)"
    serviceName = "LLRnet-test1"
    WUCacheSize = 1

Vaughan Davies will be participating in the rally and we hope to see other AMD users there also. If you decide to come, be sure and ask us to get you set up on an appropriate team ahead of time. Team Raiders of the Lost Primes (ROLP), consisting of the NPLB admins and a couple of other regulars at Mersenneforum is looking to woop on Free-DC and AMD users. We got BBQ'd by Free-DC the last go around. :-)

Gary Barnes
    NPLB admin
    Last edited by gd_barnes; 04-28-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Gary,

The line:

serviceName = "LLRnet-test1"

is a new one isn't it? What does it do in the llr-clientconfig.txt file?

I had to pose this question in the NPLB forum. Here is a quote from our co-admin Max:

That's so that LLRnet knows what to name itself in Windows' service registry if you set it up to be autostarted as a service upon system boot. If you use that functionality, I think they have to be unique (no two clients on the same machine with the same serviceName). However, that functionality most definitely does not work with the "new" clients (do.bat/pl). I'm not sure if LLRnet still needs it to be specified in order to run, though.

Hi everyone,

We'd like to have another LLRnet/PRPnet rally at NPLB. It will begin on Friday, June 4th at 7:00 PM GMT and run for 48 hours until Sunday, the 6th at 7:00 PM GMT. It will be run on LLRnet port 3000 and PRPnet 9000 for k=400-600. Tests should be somewhere in the n=800K-850K range during the rally.

LLRnet config info.:
    port = 3000

PRPnet config info.:
    port = 9000

Or, in terms of a prpclient.ini config line:
    server=G9000:100:1:noprimeleftbehind.net:9000

Be sure and change your userID to whatever ID you prefer. It's also best to set the cache at from 2 to 10 pairs.

Info. for downloading the newest LLRnet client can be found at http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=13165.

Info. for downloading the newest PRPnet client can be found at http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=12223.

ROLP topped AMD users last month. Let's see if you guys can give us a good run this month. :-)

Gary

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    We are not doing so well this last time around... we seem to be last.

I hope this at least gives out some primes for me to put on our Wiki page.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast