Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent

Silent

I have notised a reduction of members as frequently is used post a message on our forum. Some days it is very little posting and many seems not have much to say. I have always found it exiting read all messages but when there is little posting I begin to ponder. Something has happened or am I alone about this feeling?

Other as have been in our forums postings every day has stopped do so.

I´m one of these. The reason is what other posts is of wery little interest I.E when talking about project as I not is running is not much to say about. But also It takes time write on English for me and be engaged.

What is the reason for you others?
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

I tend to be a person of very few words anyway, i'll only post if i find something interesting or have something to add to a current conversation.

well at least we post here but we dont spam. if i look at for example the veronicas board (i am a fan yes) theres always random spamming there. bump here, lol there etc. I like the forums. they could be more lively perhaps, but i wouldnt want to sacrifice it to random spamming (not that you guys would do that).

and i dont post a lot cause the project i'm at atm isnt a busy project. and i'm saving a bit there

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I don't have as much time to read and post as I used to when I didn't have a job. :p

Well keep it up NeoGen... I need to catch you in # of posts anyways. You really need to concentrate on your job...

I agree Lagu. You are perceptive. I've noticed it also. I think the recent bits of drama that have occurred here have generated this under-tone of silence from the group members, myself included. I dont like to be involved with the drama, but other than occasional interesting tidbits and jokes, there is not allot of heavy project related postings going on like before. I think people posts tidbits and humor in a attempt to lighten things up or just to generate some traffic during these silent periods.

I also think that our recent failure to really get organized as a team in our group efforts has not helped in everyone eyes. We all see plenty of examples of other teams and their accomplishments as we continue to lose in most of our group competitions. We are a fairly small group that is getting over shadowed as more groups get into the fray and DC'ing becomes more mainstream. This second fact does not help the matter either.

Like Nflight said, we need advertisement to drum up membership to grow the group, and a organized effort to direct our efforts into a rallying call that people flock to for competition sake.

If the above is not done, then there is a good possibility the general mood might continue for awhile, and probably drive members away to more interesting avenues.

I post very little technical content. And never about boink. Most of my stuff is either humour or stats related.

People are joining us (to crunch not to chat) at a rate of over 50 per month for at least 2 years. We ARE growing but our chat base is still quite small.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

I'm not really a BOINC fan. Hell I'm not technically an AMD User on most projects, I just hang out and ask questions where I may get help and help where I can.

A lot of the projects you crunch, I haven't wanted to as I reckoned the aim was awful/not worth my time/not very scientific. Thus posting in those forums isn't really my thing.

Only ones I would post in is Riesel Sieve, CPDN, SIMAP, Folding and Dnet because these are the projects I only really have an interest in.

One thing i did like about the SF was the "Project Captain" idea. It was great when we had someone posting about what was going down at that project. Which team members were crunching, how soon to overtake another team... etc.

I've heard people talking about their "home" projects, so maybe they could start telling us what's happening @home.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    I don't have as much time to read and post as I used to when I didn't have a job. :p
    haha, judging my your posts ... you must have been jobless for a while?

anyway, I am a busy guy too, I just have a little time in the evenings or mornings before work to pop in here
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast