Hi!
I hope this is the right place for a presentation. The Lounge at Ars would be, so I just naturally gravitated here...

Ok, I only registered for two reasons.
1. Terryfromamd at Ars Technica tried to recruit me to the other team using patriotic values. He failed, but I gathered there are too few swedes here anyway, so I could at least register for some conversations.
2. I use predominantly AMD-stuff at home, especially now that ATI is also AMD.

Anyway, this does not mean I will crunch in AMDusers name. I am still an Arsian at heart, and have been for a long time. I don't know how much time I will spend here either. That all depends on how interesting you are, and how well the forum humour suits me...

About me:
I used to work in IT. But that became boring to me and I am now doing stuff with my hands and body. Heavy work. Computers are back to being a Hobby. I have 8 Computers setup at home at the moment, and 2 more in the works. It's servers and HTPC, STUDIO-rig and other stuff. I like optimizing computers for their main duty.
I am also heavy into Music, from listening to production. My home studio is far more advanced than usually seen. Had I set it up in a dedicated room then it would actually be called plainly "Studio".
I play Golf.
I used to play Hockey and Football (Yes, uninformed people will call it something else beginning with an S), Football is boring to watch though, but I still enjoy Hockey. I also dabbled with other things.

Like all Swedish males my age (40), I have also a military background. I completed my officers training as a "Green Beret" or more correctly, an "Lapponian Ranger". I am from Danderyd just north of Stockholm though. I was just placed up there. I did however jump off after the officers training and refused for personal reasons to continue with the armed forces. And as I was in a ranger-unit I could not get out of doing another complete turn in the unarmed forces. Totally worth it though. I have now highly skilled knowledge from both sides of that particular fence, and medical training that is rather advanced from both turns...

I am also heavily into Oktoberfest, and know all the little things to do in München at that time. Been there several times. Not surpricingly I like Beer. But still only take alcohol at special occasions (like tonights family easter dinner). I also the last years learned to appreciate fine single malts.

Well, actually, I've been through a lot in my life so far, allthings considered. So that have to do for now... As a presentation.

Oh, yeah, I also always end my post as I do here, unless I do not mean what the end greeting says, so take note of it. It will rarely ever change, but when it does, there is a reason. I am also bad at spellchecking and grammatical checks and usually don't care unless something got really wrong... I will probably never change, I'm just to old for that...

Best Regards
Bo Eriksson