Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is a good linux for a 1st timer?

What is a good linux for a 1st timer?

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    If you need help Nflight, feel free to PM me and I will walk you through stuff.
    Thanks Brucifier

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I have used SuSE since 99. 10.3 RC1 was just released, and "IT'S GOOD".
    My kids use Edubuntu.
    If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
    Congress!

I have been attempting to get a Linux install going for a few months. Well, I finally had a platform dropped into my lap (as it were). My old (intel P3) werk laptop was just replaced with a new Dell D620 (Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 cpu).

I did some surfing for Linux installs specific to this laptop. And found that people were having great success with Fedora 7 & 8. So I grabbed a copy of F7 from the interweb and performed a 'dual boot' install along side of the XP Pro already on the laptop.

All I wanted was a Linux OS to run and get the feel of (again). I have run Unbuntu and Fedora in the past. Well, the install went smooth, and everything works fine. No problems. Well, one little problem. F7 did not recognize my wireless card. So now I can play with that. It's not a critical problem, and it will give me time to familiarize myself with repositories, furballs, and all that cool Linux lingo. Sounds like fun to me....
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123