Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Einstein "Where's the Beef?"

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hey mitro! Welcome abord lad!

We got a bundle of projects that we're in, so you can pick the ones that you like the most. I go mostly for the BOINC ones, like vaughan has already mentioned :P

Imagine that if you were to try every project we're in for a single day (look at the stats to see how many) you would spend a whole month just trying out projects

Do you have any preferences on the kind of projects you like to run? I don't have any preference as long as it's BOINC! :P

If you take a look at our stats page, notice we got (among others) a link to a DC-Matrix. In there you have a list of alot of projects (not all though, it's a bit out of date) and you can see what projects are optimized to what platforms. Take a look there if you wanna really max out the performance of your machines.

And above all, have fun! That's what we're here for. Run the projects you like the most and post in the forums if you got any doubts. We'll always answer, even if our answer is that we don't know the answer...

For me the thing that is most important to me is the reliability of the project itself. The science behind just about any of the DC projects fascinates me, but if the project is going to have problems that are going to let my computer end up sitting there idle (as SETI did last month) then I don't want to waste my time.

I've really enjoyed Einstein due to its reliability and the fact that its well suited to the AMDs. Like I said, while I like getting 250-300cr/day from my one P4, I'd gladly switch if it could be more effective doing something else. (I do like BOINC though ;) )

Hey mitro,

I'll see you in my stats tomorrow placed somewhere between 10 and 13, on overall Einstein score.

Welcome

I wish I was 110-113! C'mon people... buy more computers. I'm just happy to add to the team's RAC. :thumbleft:

New E@H Member Here

Hey folks...

Just wanted to pop my head in the door and say "HI" to everyone :D

I'm currently running E@H as a secondary BOINC project (I needed something to fill in the gaps after I got frustrated with SETI@Home's servers going down every other weekend).

When I went searching for a team, this one looked fun....because it has the competetive spirit without the brainiac "holier-than-thou" attitude.

I have SETI running 2/3rds of my capacity, and Einstein running the other 1/3rd.

Although I'm not putting my full CPU usage toward the Einstein project, I hope that the numbers that I do crunch can help to raise the team's standings a bit.

-- Sean

Hello SeanHaffner and mitro. Welcome to the team. Glad to see you have joined the E@H team!

Feel free to join other BOINC projects if you wish. You can see my list of all the projects. Most of them are currently open for accounts, though some may not have work.

Hope you enjoy your time here with us!

G'day Sean and welcome to our team. We're glad you chose us. Post if you need any help.

Have fun now, you hear :shock:

Re: New E@H Member Here

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHaffner
    I have SETI running 2/3rds of my capacity, and Einstein running the other 1/3rd.
    First of all, WELCOME!!! Secondly, 1/3 is still a significant contribution and I'm sure everyone appreciates it!.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    1/3 on Einstein to help us maintain on the top 20, and 2/3 on Seti to push it up some ranks... sounds perfect to me!

Welcome aboard Sean!

And if you ever feel like trying out new projects, we got a bundle of them to choose from. Just take your pick.

Hello Sean

I'm glad to se you among us AMDusers. If you ever have a question about projects, hardware or other, feel free to ask us. We will do what we can to be to our help.

Lagu :D
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast