Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Money Bee

Money Bee

I tried this project... But it uses alot of processor power... I can't spare any...

Hello

I´m right now running MoneyBee on my old Intel and 1 net takes 5 hours.
    I started running this project 18.12 2004. After many months I stopped running it and forgot that project.
    I think I began running this again but hold up. Now I have done 84 Nets.

NeoGen pointed out he have run it and I was thinking, why not. This old Intel have not so much to shoose on. And no babysitting.
    When I begin for 1 mouth and ran it for a while i got from ower 19.000
    to today 8.947 in the ranking lists.

Lagu ;)
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I ran MoneyBee for about a week and helped us jump a couple of ranks, and a couple of days ago I changed to Grid.org to see if we can beat last month's rank before the end of the month.
    Got myself a workunit here that's on 75% and has already 50+ hours of processing... argh! How I hate these long workunits... :?

Hello Guys

I can tell you all thet all my 3 computers is running MoneyBee. 2 as a service and one use a screensaver (The Intel) using ME OS.

All CPU´s use 5 tim/task but of scourse different fast.

Lagu

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen
    Got myself a workunit here that's on 75% and has already 50+ hours of processing... argh! How I hate these long workunits... :?
    thats nothing. in Boinc Climate Prediction, i've been running a sulphur job for 310 hours so far, and have over 1400 hours to go.... :shock:

N.V.M. that's why I stopped running Climate Prediction.

Site Admin

Hej

I have today notised we have got a new member in MoneyBee joining us 03-01-06.
    His name is drownshrimp and he have computed 1 nets in 0.02 computing times. That is so fast it is difficult to understand. I just wonder if he have an AMD dual core. Let´s hope he not is an dragonfly. We have too often notised peoples are jumping in and chrunch a little and then they disappear.

Lagu :D

Hello

Yesterday evening I though to run MoneyBee and Dimes at the same time on the Athlon 1001 MHz, 640 MB RAM. To my surprise Dimes began to freeze and stopped working. I see MoneyBee is too heavy to run together with another program. Perhaps if I had run these programs on my AMD64 it should run.

Checking our stats on MoneyBee´s home page shows drownshrimp not has run this project anymore. He ran it but disappeared. I guess he become surprised when he discovered he not could run several project simultaneously. It is not easy to know how a WU will affect other WU´s from other projects. Beerknurd tried it but gave up.

Lagu

Site Admin
    Yes, moneybee is heavy on the cpu. When I ran it I remember to notice that it raised the cpu temperature a couple degrees more than most projects.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast