Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: No Prime Left Behind Math Project

On it but have some cached BOINC duty to complete. I'm switching boxes to it when I can.

I only have a few gpu's running now. Have knocked off all the quad crunchers due to heat and power consumption, so I won't be crunching on this or anything that doesn't include cuda or stream clients.

Aw go on Bruce, just a few Quads for the rally.

Speaking of GPUs I took down three boxen today for some well earned cleaning out the dust bunnies and I took the opportunity to replace the ancient GPUs in two of them - 7100GS in one and the other had an 8800GT & an 8500GT; the third box already has an XFX 5850 inside. The new GPUs are Gigabyte GTX460 1GB factory overclocked to 715MHz (stock is 675). The shop was unable to supply Gainward GLH Edition (Goes Like Hell) or Palit Sonic GPUs (factory oc to 800MHz) which I wanted to buy. The Gigabyte GPUs have non-reference fans, actually they are a dual fan setup, so I hope they stay cool(ish) running 24/7.

So are you hardcore or something????????? Must be nice. :-)

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Grats to gamer007 and vaughan

Both discovered primes in the rally today, each with over 261 thousand digits and netting prime scores >10.
    http://www.noprimeleftbehind.net/sta...ent=prime_list

Very nice rewards guys
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

LLRnet/PRPnet rally Oct. 27-Nov. 3

Hi everyone,

Our last rally, which lasted for a week, was rather well-received by its participants; therefore, we've decided to make our next rally a week-long one as well.

The rally will begin Wednesday, October 27 at 7:00 PM GMT and finish 168 hours later on Wednesday, November 3 at 7:00 PM GMT. For those of you who can't convert GMT to local time , that's 3:00 PM EDT and 2:00 PM CDT.

As last time, this rally will be focusing on the 5th Drive, our priority for the rest of the year (or until we finish it to n=1M, which will hopefully come first). That means LLRnet port 3000 and PRPnet port 9000, both of which should be in the vicinity of n=920K-950K during the rally. A prime at that level will come in around 550-600th place in the top-5000 list--a very nice find indeed.

LLRnet config info.:
    server = "www.noprimeleftbehind.net"
    port = 3000

PRPnet config info.:
    server = "www.noprimeleftbehind.net"
    port = 9000
    Or, in terms of a prpclient.ini config line:
    server=G9000:100:1:noprimeleftbehind.net:9000

Be sure and change your userID to whatever ID you prefer. Most people use their ID at mersenneforum. It is also best to set the cache to something in the vicinity of 2 to 10 pairs.

Info. for downloading the newest LLRnet client can be found at LLRnet supports LLR V3.8! (LLRnet2010 V0.73L).

Info. for downloading the newest PRPnet client can be found at PRPnet.

As a point of interest for those who might be new to NPLB and for others who haven't done any testing with us for a while, we have some milestones that we would like to shoot for in the near future. Please refer to our primes graph and drive progress as well as to our "Countdown meter". NPLB's goal all along has been to fill in holes in the prime search ranges for Riesel base 2. We'd like to get the dots in that k=300-1001 range fully extended to n=1M by year end 2011 so that they are closer to where k<300 (worked by RPS) is at. In targeting k=400-600 for the 4th consecutive time in this rally, we have set a relatively aggressive goal to have it tested completely to n=1M by year end 2010.

Last time PrimeSearchTeam blew everyone else completely out of the water, coming in at more than 10,000 k/n pairs more than ROLP, the second-place team. AMD Users came in 3rd place, and Team-Goobee.org in 4th. Free-DC still didn't show up to reclaim their rally titles of old--perhaps the sleeping giant will wake up this time.

Additionally, we had a very interesting personal race between gd_barnes of ROLP and vaughan of AMD Users. Gary ended up taking the crown at 27477 pairs vs. 24056, but for a while there Vaughan had a rather higher output and probably could have won if he'd have brought all his cores earlier. Perhaps this time?

You guys ready to find some BIG primes?

Max

P.S.: As last time, this is mostly copy-and-pasted from our official rally announcement at http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=14050. Feel free to post questions in both places.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Nice, a new rally on NPLB!

Thanks for the update Max, I just updated the October competitions thread and added it.

For some strange reason I don't have permissions to access the "October Competition's" page. ?????

I may be able to cough up a couple quads for it. Basically, the wife is retiring, and so the funds available for my computing hobby have been drastically curtailed. She is retiring sooner than we had originally planned on so anyway life moves on. :-)

Any people here going to participate in it? If not, then I won't plan on doing it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    Any people here going to participate in it? If not, then I won't plan on doing it either.
    Yes I will be.

I have a pretty good dump ready for the Save The Testicles race, gonna run that all month.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast